Wednesday, 30 January 2008

One plus one is ?

One thing I don't have to do for Brownies is the accounts - my assistant guider does that. Sometimes I wish I did, because I only ever know exactly how much we have when I ask her.

But we are a REALLY active group, as you probably spotted, and the amount of paperwork involved is enormous, so not having do the accounts is a help when I do everything else.

Our year runs Jan - Dec as we started in Jan so it was time last night to go through the accounts to ensure the independent auditor would be happy with where we had put everything.

I am really pleased to say that over the course of 12 months, with money coming in and out for the events below:
  • subs (3 times a year)
  • census
  • rent (which rose by 66% and we negotiated down to 33%)
  • panto
  • thinking day
  • swimming splash day
  • pirate camp
  • district swimming gala
  • Harry Potter book signing
  • abseiling, climbing and archery
  • Division fun day
  • science park visit
  • Legoland
  • Santa weekend

(and those are just the things I remember)

we ended up within £70 of the balance we had the year before! Yay us!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com