Friday, 1 May 2009

From how cool to how sad

I posted about the girl who is Lord Baden-Powell's great-great-granddaughter and has joined Brownies in Brisbane, so cool that 100 years after he created the organisation his relation is the newest member.

Here's a contrast - a Brownie pack with just one member!

They usually have 12-15 girls, this Easter 10 girls were ready to go to Guides and that has left just one seven year old, with three leaders.

It is sad, especially as the pack has been running for 20 years, but I think the best course, unless they get flooded with girls wanting to join after reading the article, would be to merge into another unit. The problem for most Guiding units in the UK is not enough leaders, rarely is the issue not enough girls! So I am sure those 3 leaders would be very welcome in another unit or even two.

4 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I'm sure the shortage of girls will be a short one, as I'm guessing the newspaper article will help with recruitment.

Kelloggsville said...

We aren't very good at letting the world know what cool things we do - too often people think Guiding is outdated and old fashioned! How wrong they are: See you on the climbing wall at Belvoir or Charnwood or Boating or grass sledging or just having a whole lotta fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

I found you again by chance, I've missed my daily dose of half baked brownie

Strictly said...

I'm very happy you found me - I told as many people as I could and sent emails too!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com