Friday, 24 April 2009

Going out and coming in

An hour before our first meeting of the term, one of my Brownies decided to leave! She is also very active in pony club, and because there are more pony events in the summer term, she and her mum had checked the calendar and she was only going to make 3 out of our 10 weeks this term. Since she was planning to leave in the summer anyway, she decided to finish tonight instead.

That works out quite well - I had 4 girls wanting to start in September and only 3 places, so it does mean I will be able to take all 4 in. But I will miss her, she's one of those girls who you really notice at events and meetings and know she's enjoying herself. I always knew she was not going to go to Guides because of pony club, but I had hoped she'd manage to get 3 full years at Brownies.

So last night 2 of the Guiders led the Agility badge, 1 looked after my son for most of the evening since my husband hadn't been able to get home and take him, 1 took all the subs and worked out who is still to pay, and I dealt with all the new registration forms for 5 girls, cookout forms for nearly every girl (we're going to a local campsite and they are going to cook their own lunch) and sleepover slips for 11 girls.

It was a busy evening! I did forget one thing, they were all meant to go home with a Lend a Hand sheet and do 7 good turns during the week...they'll just have to do that next week!

We also promoted 2 girls to Sixers, 2 girls to Seconds and gave out 3 earned badges - Brownie Holiday and Home Skills for one girl who came to Wales, and Booklover for one who worked on it at home.

1 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

that's a busy night! well done

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com