Sunday, 24 May 2009

five in ten million

Our five newest Brownies took their promises this week - 4 while on a tyre swing and 1 at the top of a slide, they do love choosing their own place to take it!

That makes them each one in ten million - that's the number of members of WAGGGS: World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts. They liked hearing that - by taking their promise, they are one in six (member of their six), one in 24 (member of our Brownies), one in 4200 (number of Brownies in our county), one in 600,000 (number of members of Girlguiding UK) and also one in ten million.

Ooh, and I spoke to the local Beaver Scout leader, my son is going to be offered a place this summer to start in September. Yay!

9 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

And so the Scouting tradition continues -- in your family, in your community, and elsewhere. How cool. I wonder if the founders realized how many children would ultimately be involved?

This Wednesday, E and her troop will bridge from Brownies to Juniors!

Strictly said...

That's great - we don't have bridging but I've read lots about it, I hope she has a great time!

Kelloggsville said...

I always start to hear Elgar's Nimrod in my head when I hear figures like this it makes me want to stand tall and proud and shout I'm part of that ;0) fab isn't it!!!!!!

Strictly said...

I know - when you add the 10 million in WAGGGS and the 28 million in WOSM - that's 38 million people right now, enjoying Guiding and Scouting because of Baden-Powell.

Anonymous said...

Well you will know where to come if you need any Beaver advice LOL!

So glad your girls had a great promise ceremony; I am sure they will always remember it.

I can still recall mine and it was the traditional stand by the toadstool and look in the pond type.

Jx

Kelloggsville said...

I left you an award, see http://kelloggsville.blogspot.com/2009/05/lemonade-award.html

PS Pack Holiday next weekend - am QMing!! Wish me luck :0)

Kelloggsville said...

"38 million people right now, enjoying Guiding and Scouting because of Baden-Powell."

Ok I am now standing up singing Jerusalum. My husband is really starting to worry!!!!

Strictly said...

Sarah, thanks for the award - will add it!

And good luck with the QMing, I hope you get the occasional sit down!

A Modern Mother said...

I had no idea there were so many! We're on a waiting list to join...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com