Wednesday, 20 May 2009

We're going on a dinosaur hunt

I have to give full credit for this poem to a scouter known as Kastor on the escouts forum.

You can see his original Scout version there, I've tweaked it slightly to make it Guiding for this blog:

Going on a dinosaur hunt.
And I'm not afraid.
There's a Blue Rule*
Can't go under it.
Can't go around it.
Guess I'll go over it.

Going on a dinosaur hunt.
And I'm not afraid.
There's a Guiding Myth.
Can't go over it.
Can't go under it.
Guess I'll ignore it.

Going on a dinosaur hunt.
And I'm not afraid.
There's some lack of communication.
Can't go over it.
Can't go around it.
Guess I'll fight through it.

Going on a dinosaur hunt.
And I'm not afraid.
There's a District Meeting!
Can't go over it.
Can't go under it.
Guess I'll go in it.

It's dark and spooky in here.
It's cold in here!
I feel some scales.
I feel some big teeth!
OHH! It's full of Dinosaurs!

Run out of the District Meeting,
Fight the lack of communication,
Ignore the Guiding Myth,
Avoid the Blue Rule,
Run to Guide Hut,
Open the door,
Carry on Guiding.

I went on a dinosaur hunt,
And I wasn't afraid!


*For non-Guiders, a blue rule is a rule about the girls' safety that we absolutely cannot break. Most of the Guiding manual is guidance, but blue rules must be followed.

5 comments:

Saffy said...

lol

Kelloggsville said...

First out loud laugh of the day - thank you so much.

Wow - I hate district meetings!!!!

TopChamp said...

ha! Nice.

Tawny said...

Loving it,

Have you seen the 'Thats the reason I'm in Guiding' one? It starts, 'I went along to Guides just to help them out one night'

Strictly said...

Nope. Go on, post it?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com