Wednesday, 21 October 2009

I got snippy

You saw the great centenary events we have planned?

I sent out a sheet listing everything we were doing, the cost (nil in some cases) and asked parents to return it the following week.

Of 24, 16 did so.

I sent out a gentle email reminder and of the remaining 8, 4 got in touch with their yeses and nos.

To the remaining 4, I sent another email after a few days saying we really needed to know for planning reasons so anyone who didn't reply by 5pm 2 days later, I would have to count them as no for the first two events since we needed to issue consent forms for one and pay for the other.

One got in touch, with 3 minutes to go on the deadline :-)

So three girls won't be taking part in the first two events, at least. A detailed note and two emails are all I can manage, I just don't have time on top of everything else to chase and chase and chase. Sometimes I just have to say no.

Shame though.

5 comments:

smalltownmom said...

That's just sad that so many did not care enough to make a proper response.

Jen on the Edge said...

I hate it when people don't respond and then I have to chase them down for responses.

alison said...

I find that there are lots of people who do not understand the concept of an RSVP.

Working Mum said...

Sounds like my experience with my daughter's party invitations. Why don't people reply? Waiting for something better to come along?

A guider :) said...

That happened with our centenary launch event. It was a county event, so they needed numbers early on because it was so large (numbers in june). I explained why I needed numbers early, asked, reminded, reminded again and then booked without 8 who failed to reply. September comes round and 3 of those 8 are waiting spaces and assumed they "we can pay now can't we" err..no, as I explained. I felt mean, but hopefully they will have learnt there lesson. And there really was nothing I could do. It is sad some of yours are missing out, but they might be a bit quicker off the mark next time. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com