Sunday, 8 November 2009

Resigned

Well, I've done it, I've handed in my notice as Guider in Charge for our Brownies.

Eek!

I've been thinking about it for a while, I've been doing it nearly five years now so I do feel I have done my bit.

I'll still be going to every meeting, helping with planning, using my overnight licence when required.

But I will no longer be:
  • running the waiting list,
  • being the person who signs the girls up for everything,
  • being the person who organises the paperwork for everything,
  • being the person who gets the phone calls/emails,
  • the person who stores all the boxes!
One of the current assistants, whose daughter starts Brownies in September, has agreed to step up then. So I'll carry on to the end of the school year, July, then in September she will be the main leader.

At the same time as I told the District Commissioner I wanted to do this, she told me the Division Commissioner (one up from her) wanted her assistant District Commissioner to become assistant Division Commissioner, leaving the District Commissioner needing a new assistant.

Guess who!

Kind of makes sense to be honest, I'm trained for the new Guiding computer system so can support on that, I'm often the person she runs stuff past. So if the former assistant does accept, then as long as it doesn't turn into me having lots of paperwork again (and she assures me it won't), then I am up for it.

8 comments:

Working Mum said...

Wow! What a turn up for the books. Hope it isn't more paperwork and that it is a job you will enjoy.

Anonymous said...

You are such a fab and active Guider you are just the sort of person who should be on a District team. One who will put the girls first and encourage the DC to try new things and keep girls excited by Guiding. Well done. Make sure you keep contact with the girls though and get to have fun by attending events that you do not have to organise!

Jx

Kelloggsville said...

A change is as good as a rest. I think Leaders get stale sitting in the same position for too long. It will be fun doing something different.

Good for you xxx

Jen on the Edge said...

I'm glad you've made a decision and then took action quickly. Your new duties sound like they could be really interesting.

TopChamp said...

Ooh - sounds lovely! Getting to do the fun Brownie bits.. Good Luck with the new role too!!

Incidentally - we don't have assistant commissioners here and they're looking for someone to take over our division just now. It just seems so much work esp in centenary year. I don't know how anyone could find the time.

A Modern Mother said...

Are you sure this isn't going to be o"ut of the frying pan into the fire?" Good for you for doing your bit, so many mums don't.

Tawny said...

Fabulous, you will be great! Next stop running the division, then the county then region, the Chief Guide!

TopChamp said...

hi - I have just found a reason to like Streamline or Go or whatever it's called....

I need to get parent's phone numbers for Brownies but I am at work and have a gig at half 7 in town so no time to get home and back. My asst has just phoned me to ask me to call parents to tell them what time kids are to be picked up from Kelvingrove guide display thing.... and I have no numbers here.

Now if I had put them on that database I'd be able to log in from this computer and could phone them from work.

If only I had found the time.

Now I'm wondering if I can get home quickly to get the folder to go back out and call in the interval.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com