Thursday, 17 December 2009

Holiday Home





Not strictly Guiding at all so feel free to ignore, but if you want to see our Christmas decorations, here you go!
From one to nine:
  1. Christmas glass bells, bought in Austria in 1994
  2. Our infamous Christmas barbed wire, bought in 1995. It was simply decorative wired tinsel stuff but has become mangier and mangier as the years go on and has resembled barbed wire for some time. It is hung up anyway.
  3. Christmas wreath made by daughter's hands many years ago
  4. The Christmas Minas Tirith from Lord of the Rings. Given to Mr Guider years ago as part of a DVD box set of Lord of the Rings and immediately became the table centrepiece at Christmas
  5. The mantelpiece decorated
  6. The alarm box decorated
  7. The hall mirror decorated
  8. The Habitat Christmas tree, the wooden nativity, the Early Learning Centre santa set, the left overs from last year's Playmobil Advent Calendar, a Lego snowglobe and a wooden German decoration
  9. The tree. This picture does not adequately show how it completely fills the window and lets in no light, we have to have the lights on all day! Everyone who has visited the house since we put it up has commented on how big it is, pressing against the window! You know when you buy a tree, bring it home, put it up and it doesn't look as big as it did? This one got bigger on the drive home.
That's my Christmas decor, barring a few strands of tinsel elsewhere.

11 comments:

Tawny said...

They look lovely :) We have the same problem with our tree, it blocks all the light!

smalltownmom said...

Very pretty. And a Minas Tirith centerpiece? You rock.

Strangely, our tree got smaller on the way home.

Kelloggsville said...

LOL - you've made me feel normal!!! I have been reading blogs of perfect mummies doing amazing things with "simple craft shop items" and their photos show their houses looking like Harrods - now, I'm not saying your house doesn't look like a Harrods display......but .....it is normal and funny and friendly and full of 'y'all'...blimey, I am digging - shall I stop now - hope you all have a lovely christmas xxx

Jen said...

OMG, you just called my house a pigsty! Which it is, but I can't believe you pointed it out!

((hugs))

Happy Christmas to you too.

Jen

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I love it all, each and every thing. It's all just so festive!

If I were cooler, I would truly appreciate the Lord of the Rings centerpiece.

TopChamp said...

It's all very tasteful!

alison said...

I love your decorations. We don't have any Christmas barbed wire, but we did get some Halloween barbed wire with tiny foil spiders attached.

Our tree got bigger too! It was all bound up like an umbrella for its trip from the tree farm to the lot where I bought it, and had frozen that way sitting out in the cold. We got it up in the living room and allowed it to stand in water overnight and warm up. When all the branches thawed and relaxed, it expanded to fill half the room.

I'm geeky enough that I *love* the Minas Tirith centrepiece. Have you ever seen this? http://www.scifiheaven.net/index.php/2008/01/11/how-to-build-minas-tirith-in-candy-form/

Badness Jones said...

I love it! Toys make perfect Christmas decorations, and I think your tree is great. Mine always get bigger once we get them home!

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

VERY beautiful. I like the toys as decorations. Merry Christmas!

MomBabe said...

Nice. Merry Christmas!

Kelly said...

Oh, I miss my Christmas decorations already. Roll on Easter :)

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com