Sunday, 24 January 2010

Scrapbooking

Currently we have two scrapbooks in the unit.

One goes home every week with a different Brownie and she adds a page about herself and what she enjoys about Brownies. This has been such a great success, the girls love doing it, compete fiercely to be the one taking home the scrapbook that week, and always do a beautiful job.

We started the scrapbook in September and the idea was to have a page by every Brownie during the Centenary Year. That way, future girls in the unit can look back and see what the Brownies in the centenary year were like. However, the girls have enjoyed doing this so much, we may continue the scrapbook on beyond October.

The second scrapbook is my record of the centenary year with the unit: every meeting, every trip, every residential, from Sept 2009 to 20th Oct 2010.
So far, I have recorded:
I'm nearly up to date, all I haven't done is the most recent meeting, Dance Night with the YLs plus home made ice cream sundaes.
I'm enjoying it so much, even ordering extra embellishments out of my own pocket - can't expect the Brownies to pay because I want ribbon and raised stickers on the page!
Here's a few of the pages with the girls' faces blanked, I can't show most as they refer to names etc.
I know it all looks very amateur but I am getting better as I go along!

10 comments:

Working Mum said...

I think it looks fantastic! It'll be a wonderful keepsake of this important year.

Jen on the Edge said...

What a wonderful idea!

And, since I'm not a scrapbooker, I think that what you're doing looks very fine indeed.

Kelloggsville said...

well done, it looks great - the archivists will love you!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Jx

TopChamp said...

It's a good idea and I think you're doing a great job so far. Our YL is starting a scrapbook for our unit (something to do with her Senior Section plans) and we have made an Adventure wall with photos of each thing we do. It looks quite cool - wish I could show you.

A Modern Mother said...

That is a FABULOUS idea!

Kelloggsville said...

I've got a feeling I volunteered as a leader to help you out with something but for the life of me I can't remember what it is. If I am involved in anything that I need to book into my calendar this year can you remind me please?! Thanks - almost in control enough for that coffee!!!

Jen said...

Kelloggsville. Well, there was the seven camps you promised to run, one a month from April onwards. And taking over our programme every week for the rest of 2010...no, you didn't volunteer to help me, must have been someone else! You're always welcome though!

Kelloggsville said...

hope that somebody else reminds me soon!!!!

JadeLD said...

This looks great, what a wonderful idea! We are starting our scrapbooks next week after a long time collecting all the things we've worked on so far during the centenary.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com