Friday, 26 February 2010

Scotland

We had a Scotland night and it was great fun!
We:
  • talked about Scottish cities and towns
  • looked at my family's tartan (Mackenzie) and I showed a pic of my brothers and dad in full kilt, and also showed my son's tiny matching kilt he wore at a wedding when he was nearly one
  • made tartan bookmarks - they loved this and took ages making them!
  • drank Irn Bru, ate raspberries and shortbread, not a scrap left of any!
  • played Highland Games: tossing the caber (throwing straws around), shot putt (batting balloons around) and sheepdog trials (5 blindfolded girls were the sheep, 1 girl was the sheepdog and had to get them into a pen)
It was fun, and added 10 points to their Adventure 100 total.

5 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

This sounds like so much fun.

I love looking at tartans, as they're all so interesting.

JadeLD said...

I used to love doing Scottish themed evening with my Brownies and Guides when I loved in Cambridge.

Kelloggsville said...

Sounds like a great night.

Lovely new look too xx

Jen said...

Thank you, have fiddled with the template a lot this week, hope the changes haven't annoyed people too much. It's 95% where I want it now!

TopChamp said...

I like the template.

And Scotland.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com