Thursday, 29 July 2010

On holiday but STILL Guiding!


Yes, it's the holidays here, but despite shutting down Brownies from the start of July to mid September, there's a busy few Guiding days ahead.

Tomorrow I am taking part in something very special that I have wanted to do ever since I was a little Brownie, more than ahem years ago. Details will follow after the event as it is a surprise for someone.

And this weekend my daughter heads off to Guide camp. Not to the same place as last year, this time it's an international camp, though rather handily within this country! So while she will meet Guides from all over the world, I only have to pay a UK camp rate. Woo hoo!

At the parents meeting we were warned to expect some quite smelly girls back. Although there are showers, there are going to be hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of girls there so shower time is likely to be so restricted it might be as little as once.

Nose peg will be acquired before she returns.

4 comments:

Jen on the Edge said...

Knowing my children, they would flat-out refuse to use the camp showers. :-)

I hope your girl has a good time and that you, whatever you're doing, have a good time too.

Kelloggsville said...

you gone north? have fun x

Tawny said...

I am off on a huge Guide camp this weekend as well. It is the first big one K and I have been on and we are so excited!

Jen said...

Kelloggsville - no, not the centenary camp, nor the one Tawny is off to! She's gone to Arden.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com