Friday, 26 November 2010

Kitted out

I took my daughter to the dentist to have six teeth out today as the first step towards having a brace, it actually went pretty well, much quicker than we thought and she admits it wasn't as bad as she thought.

For various reasons, our dentist is an hour away from us, in so we left in plenty of time for the appointment. With a very smooth run through, we ended up there half an hour early so I took advantage and slipped into the Guide shop in that city...for locals its the one in Princess Road East, I know at least one reader will know where that is!

Our local Guiding shop is run by volunteers and only open 6 hours a week and you have to order pretty much everything. This one? Based in county office, open for hours at a time, plenty of stock, it was heaven! I bought the things I needed: 10 Hostess badges, 2 Brownie leaving badges and 4 Sixer badges.

I also bought things I didn't need so much but have been coveting!
  • a zip up Guider hoody - so comfortable and warm
  • a formal Guiding shirt, I've got away with not owning one as the old formal shirt was this awful awful stripey number but a new version has just been brought out and it's lovely - fitted and flattering...sadly, no pic of it from the online shop, it is that new but it is a pale blue slightly stiffened fabric with a pink insert on the collar
  • and an I survived 20/10/2010 badge
I got daughter a little monkey keyring with a Guide t-shirt, she clutched it throughout having her teeth pulled!

5 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

oooh I want one of the new shirts, didn't know they were in. I may have to wait until after Christmas. and I want an I survived badge!!! The ladies in there are really really lovely too, but then they are in most of the guide shops. Hugs to your daughter, poor girl. x

Jen on the Edge said...

So glad to hear that she got through the ordeal okay. You know what it's been like for us with our girl, so I'm always nervous for other kids now.

Tawny said...

I live in my zip up hoodie it is just fabulous. Em and I are buying each other the new shirt for Christmas, there was no way on earth I was buying that stripey thing!

Working Mum said...

I think I should give our Rainbow Leader one of those "I survived 2010" badges - she's convinced it's lasted longer than a year!!

PS Have left you a reply re the Red Velvet Cupcakes on the comments on "Christmas is Coming".

TopChamp said...

Ooh yuck -dentists! Glad she found it better than expected.

I have a zip-up jacket thing that I like. That I survived badge does sound good! While I am very proud of all the things we've all done this year - (16 months?!) I'm also very pleased it's over.

It will make a difference to the way I do Guiding stuff - has widened my horizons as to what we can manage and how difficult it really is (or isn't).

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com