Monday, 15 November 2010

Remembrance Sunday

13 Brownies + 4 leaders + 1 Guide + 1 Beaver Scout = our showing for Remembrance Sunday - I was very pleased with the turn-out.

Of course we weren't the only ones there, the village we are part of the district of had Beavers, Cubs and Scouts there (our token Beaver Scout was my son, he goes to a different group in a different district but because my daughter had a taekwondo tournament my husband had taken her so my son had to come with me), plus there were a few Brownies from the village with their leader, plus all the veterans, Royal British Legion and quite a lot of regular church-goers.

As well as my daughter, we were missing one leader and YL, they attended a ceremony at the leader's godson's military college.

It was cold, threatening rain, and the girls huddled together like penguins. But I told each one how proud of them I was for turning out.

1 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

good turn out - well done

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com