Monday, 27 December 2010

Leftovers

Daughter is not impressed that we're having leftovers AGAIN today.

I, however, subscribe to the theory that I cook so much on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, that I get until the end of the 27th before I have to do anything other than warm stuff up.

I even specifically cook a ham on Christmas Eve while preparing everything else, that is then set aside for Boxing Day onwards.

I don't think I am that big a meany, after all, she is able to choose from:
  • turkey
  • stuffing
  • ham
  • pork pie
  • Stilton
  • smoked salmon
  • filo prawns
  • mini quiches
  • Jacobs Crackers (why do we ALL want the digestive ones when they are the only biscuit in the box you cannot buy separately)
  • bread
Not like I am thrusting a turkey sandwich in her hand and telling her to lump it!

Hope you had a good Christmas and have a great Hogmanay!

2 comments:

Working Mum said...

Exactly the menu in our house today - even down to the filo prawns!!

Jen on the Edge said...

Holy moly, I am making plans now to be at your house during Christmas 2011. I'll happily eat any leftovers you share with me.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com