Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Even the royal wedding has a Guiding connection

Check out Hello Magazine, the Brownie in the back in the centre is Kate Middleton.

My Brownies will be doing a Royal Wedding Challenge this week - not led by me, I'm not much of a royalist, don't mind them but don't get excited by them.

Guiding has long had a royal connection: the Queen, her sister and Princess Anne were all in Guiding; Margaret and Anne as Brownies, Margaret and Elizabeth as Guides and Rangers. The current president of Girlguiding UK is the Countess of Wessex, Edward's wife. And now the newest member of the Royal family also turns out to have been a Brownie.

It's often said that Americans are more excited about our royals than we are, I found out about this picture courtesy of the Girl Scouts of America's blog!

3 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

I'm sort of all Royal wedding'd out now! Shan't be watching it!

Joanne said...

Jen... who did your wedding challenge patches? We did something similar over here in the US (I'm an ex-pat), and I'd love to order some of the patches, they're marvellous!

Jen said...

Joanne, can you comment again, this time including your email? I won't publish, I'll send you the contacts and then delete.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com