Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Cake pops for the school fair

Remember I made cake pops, just for fun? Well, I'm going to make them again, but this time for the school fair. I've promised to make 100. Gulp - hope they sell!

I've done a little experimenting in the meantime; I tried buying white chocolate and tinting it to reduce the cost of coating the cake pops, but it does seem that the candy melts are the best thing, I couldn't get as strong a colour or as good a finish with the tinted stuff. I wasn't making cake pops, just cupcake bites, and when I picked them up, to do the top coating, even after they had been in the fridge for a few hours, the chocolate was still a little soft so I think I will play safe and get the candy melts from Hobby Craft again. I've ordered pink, yellow and blue - pictures will follow when I make them.

3 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I'm sure they'll turn out great and that every last one will sell. I just can't imagine making so many. Wow.

TopChamp said...

Glutton for punishment? I'd buy one.

Exmoorjane said...

OMG, Jen....12 years? It can't be!!! Heck. xxxx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com