Monday, 4 July 2011

All about me

I'm taking part in Jenna's Commenting Challenge and I noticed quite a few people were doing a Ten Things About Me to introduce themselves to their new visitors so I decided to do the same.
  1. I'm Scottish, living in England, born in Ireland. When the census reports are opened up in 100 years time, I am really going to confuse people - why does this woman who lives in England and was born in Ireland call herself Scottish? Weren't they crazy in 2011! The truth of it is, I have Scottish parents, was raised in Scotland and have a Scottish accent and no matter how long I live in England, I'll always be Scottish.
  2. I have lived in 19 houses in my 40 years of life, yet I have lived in our current house for 10 years. Shows you how much we moved as kids, plus quite a few six month lets when I was post student life bumped up that total.
  3. I am married, two kids, one girl, one boy. I work part-time to balance family life with work life, it's a juggling act like it is for everyone and sometimes I feel I am barely clinging on, but we always seem to survive.
  4. I love where we live, it's just an hour to London on the train but I drive past animals of nearly all kinds on the drive to work, including grouse and emus!
  5. I am a Brownie Guider, which you should have worked out from the header of the blog! I've been doing it since 2004 when I started so my daughter could be a Brownie, she has long since moved onto Guides but I still do it because I really enjoy it and I like that I am involved in our community. We are a very adventurous pack, with sports, and trips, and sleepovers.
  6. Thanks to Guiding (and me winning a competition), my Brownies and I got to meet JK Rowling at the midnight launch of the last ever Harry Potter book
  7. I love making cake pops
  8. I took up running last year and really enjoy it, although I don't manage to squeeze it in quite often enough around everything else, I am finding my weight is going down very slowly and surely, and I definitely keep up better with the kids
  9. Family is all to me, you'll never find me happier than when I am with my husband, kids, my parents, my two brothers, their wives and my nephew.
  10. My kinda bad habit is too much TV - husband and I went to the cinema a lot before we had the kids, and we've replaced the cinema trips with evenings in with DVDs
That's me, hope to see you around on the Commenting Challenge!

21 comments:

JDaniel4's Mom said...

Stopping from the Commenting Challenge! I hope you have a wonderful 4th!

Cake pops are amazing! We won't be able to keep them in my house.

the workaholic momma said...

Stopping by from Jenna's!! I seriously LOVE cake pops too!!! And I think thats totally awesome that you are so involved with the Brownies and got to meet JK Rowling!!! Hope you are having a wonderful Monday:)

Mal said...

Here from Jenna's! I hope I get to visit Scotland one day. I've been to London and Liverpool and I can't WAIT to go back to England! :)

Merrill said...

Another visitor from Jenna's challenge...

Very cool that you got to meet JK Rowling! My daughter is currently engrossed in HP #2 for the third time!

Cory said...

Stopping in from Jenna's. :) Your blog is great, and I had no idea that there were Brownies across the pond. I thought it was all US stuff. Learned something. Thank You. :) I hope you have a blessed week ahead!

ruthiehart said...

cake pops! I am totally going to make those!

Jenna said...

yum cake pops! found you from Jenna!

Leah said...

Stopping by from Jenna's. Ooo . . .cake pops. You had me at hello. haha! I have a bad habit of watching too much tv, too. And eating too many cake pops.

Jennifer S. said...

Stopping by from Jenna's. Cute blog!

Madison's' Mommy said...

Stopping by from Jenna's!! So, I LOVE cakepops and am about to start reading Harry Potter (I know I am way behind the times ha ha)! I have traveled to England and Scotland and love them both!! Can't wait to follow your blog!
XOXO

Jennifer said...

Love, love cakepops!! :)

Ashley said...

Stopping by from Jenna's Journey Commenting Challenge.

Those cake pops look delicious...I'll have to attempt them sometime.

Thanks for sharing! :)

Katie said...

Stopping by from Jenna's. Cake pops are so good! I watch way too much TV too. Haha.

http://jaimeandkatie.blogspot.com

Summer Athena said...

i love cake pops but can never make them pretty! help. ;)

Stopping by from Jenna's.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

How did I not know that you were born in Ireland?!

Jackie Koll said...

Love your post - it is always fun to read about other people :-) I had no idea that Brownies were in other countries either - I was totally thrown by your title until . . I read about you! That is so cool :-) (Stopping by from Jenna's Journey)

Jillian said...

LOVE, LOVE that you live in Europe!! And I love to run, I have been running forever!! Great to meet you I am coming over from Jenna's blog!!

Paige said...

Coming by from Jenna's Journey! Hope you have a great weekend.

Sharla said...

I'm popping in from Jenna's comment challenge. It was nice to read a bit about you. One of my daughters was in Brownies and really enjoyed it.

The Lovely One said...

I am fascinated by cake pops! I might have to try making them some day!

Laura said...

Those cake pops looks great!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com