Monday, 5 December 2011

Button Christmas Tree Update 2

I made contact with the lady that came up with the button Christmas tree, she not only gave me permission to use a picture of her tree, but it turns out she was a Guide, in Oxfordshire in the 1980s!

It's a small world, I had assumed she was American/Canadian as the stores she references are North American and she mentions dollars. She must have emigrated at some point, and it's funny that Guiding links us - although I was a Guide in Scotland when she was a Guide in England and I'm not suggesting for a second that we ever met!

4 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

' Sisters, sisters, never were there such devoted sisters ' is now going round in my head!!! It's a rather large Guiding world. And guides seems to keep bumping into each other. Is it because we are all birds of a feather with similar interests so inevitable? Or is there more to it. I know I tend to get on better with the guide/scout fraternity than others. I do love those trees. Buttons can be jolly expensive though. I wonder if there is s cheaper way.

Jen said...

Buttons in fours and sixes are expensive but I bought a big bag of green and a smaller bag of orange and yellow from eBay with loads left over after making 30 trees for less than £8.

Trish @ Mum's Gone To ... said...

I love this idea. I'm not a crafty person but I think I could manage this.

TopChamp said...

ha! Yet not so surprising that a Guide would be so inventive and resourceful...

I also love these trees....

I am a year behind you with xmas crafts. I keep stealing from here. Might have to try to come up with my own ideas soon and save the button trees. (Just so you know - I'm fairly sure I'll end up doing them next year anyway as they look great and it's lovely not having to think for myself.....!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com