Thursday, 3 May 2012

Today I will mostly be...voting

If you are in the UK, most councils are up for election today. My son's school is closed as it is used as a polling station. That means no Brownies either. So, if you have one, use your vote - those Suffragettes who fought hard to ensure women would get the vote deserve to have their legacy supported and remembered. Even their win was partial - women had to be over 30, married and have a husband who had the right to vote. It wasn't till 1928 that women got the vote on the same terms as men - ie over 21. Now we can all vote from 18 - so use it!

1 comments:

Tawny said...

I couldn't agree more! My council doesn't have elections this time but I haven't missed a vote since I was 18.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com