Sunday, 1 July 2012

Olympic torch in Leamington


The Young Leader who works with us and ran the football development session carried the Olympic torch today in Leamington Spa.

We travelled over to see her and it was extra exciting to see it carried by someone we knew.

This pic is of her, I am being discreet and showing you the one of her behind one of the surrounding police minders! If you know me on Facebook, you can check my page and see proper pictures.

I've also been busy making cake pops for our school fete next weekend, a fete I won't be attending because I will be on a Scout event - not a Girlguiding one! - with my family all weekend.

So although we do have Brownies this week, our last one of this term, this week is more about fitting getting ready for Scout camp around work than anything else.

My ticklist:

  • I need to dig out the tent, poles and groundsheet
  • Find all four self-inflating mats
  • Find four sleeping bags that zip up, we have 5 and one doesn't and I can never remember which it is!
  • Find four blankets
  • Four camping chairs
  • Sort out crockery for four
  • Pack generally.
It's more complicated than usual, usually only one or two of us are camping, so we don't have four of everything. Husband is not a happy camper, he is doing it for the family for the weekend but he's not thrilled!

2 comments:

Kelloggs Ville said...

I bet he secretly enjoys it. We think he doth protest too much lol

Anonymous said...

Ah, but family camps are where Scout groups traditionally recruit new leaders because they have such a god time...hubbie beware! Have a great time, this week end we are in Scout mode but withcarnival, leaders thank you BBQ and the flame is coming our way and so taking the Group to see it and cheer it on and then awarding them the olympic badge. Jx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com