Friday, 29 March 2013

Fame


I've become famous: the fabulous Kelloggsville was interviewed for Guiding magazine (a mag sent out every 3 months to Guiders) and mentioned this blog so I have lots of new visitors - you're all very welcome, feel free to comment or email me!


Despite hits rising on the blog, it's been pretty quiet here: we broke up a week early because there was a disco on in our usual meeting place that most of our girls would be attending, so we have a long Easter break. I've been doing the usual between term admin - removing details of the 4 girls that left for Guides from my records, adding details of the 4 starting after Easter.

We have a fun though fairly loose programme for the summer term: some Road Safety, some Disability Awareness, hopefully Fire Safety and a few other outdoorsy things across the term. We have a weekend away for most of the girls too and for all of the leaders too.

One exciting piece of news, my daughter, who was a Brownie with me, currently nearing the end of her time as a Guide and moving on to Senior Section after the summer, has been selected for a county trip to Our Chalet in Switzerland, one of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts four World Centres, next summer.
It's somewhere I have always wanted to go to (as has my mum!) so I am quite jealous but also quite proud. She has to fundraise the cost of the trip, so we will be coming up with ideas soon, she hasn't yet met with the leaders of the trip though so I don't want to preempt that by storming ahead now!

She's at exactly the age I left Guiding - I was a Brownie and a Guide but left Rangers (as it was then) within three weeks of starting - I hated the turquoise blouse and the apparently aimless sitting around. So I am pleased that she is getting involved in such exciting things to keep her in Guiding (also, no more turquoise blouses, it's all hoodies now!)

3 comments:

Kelloggs Ville said...

My Rangers do still sit around quite a lot though. If there was a badge in it they would have passed with distinction, it's a Ranger thing! But it's good for them sometimes, the conversations they have in that girl only space are often very valuable provided we keep it channelled.

It made me laugh how your URL was the first one listed, I think you're getting the visits not me, thank you for sending them my way lol

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

That's very exciting news about your girl's summer trip!

TopChamp said...

It was very cool to spot you in Guiding Mag!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com