Friday, 4 October 2013

The new promise

Very proud of how well our Brownies took to the new promise last night.

I promise that I will do my best:
To be true to myself and develop my beliefs,
To serve the Queen and my community,
To help other people and
To keep the (Brownie) Guide Law.

We've had a busy start to the term with some community service and saying goodbye to one of our leaders, but last night we worked through the new promise and they just got it!

I heard after that one of the more nervy girls has really embraced the true to myself bit, they all got develop my beliefs far more easily than us adults did, and the change from country to community was obvious to them! The majority voted to keep Brownie Bells that we sing at the end as well (it is in essence a prayer, but sung, though there are alternative words) though there was a significant minority so we will revisit that in the future.

As well as the three newbies making their promise, about half want to renew with the new promise, the others will learn it but wait to renew at thinking day or make the change when they move to Guides. Now we just need to learn it off by heart, we played a game where we passed the ball and said a word of it, and we were close but not perfect!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com