Tuesday, 3 June 2014

Big Brownie Birthday: Our Chalet at Broneirion Part 2

We arrived and were able to take our bags up to our rooms as we were a little early for the planned check-in. With the train only running every two hours that did restrict when we could arrive!

Then we were 'checked in' - we had to produce the passports we were asked to create and they were stamped and carefully put away. The girls learned about their duties, they each had three duties over the course of the weekend from serving food, clearing up, making tea for trainers.

We had dinner - sausages, which went down well, then our first scheduled activity, an ice breaker so we could get to know the other two packs who were there.

Settling down for bed wasn't easy - I found myself the only adult up with the girls for a long time while the others had a leaders meeting and I was not only dealing with our excited girls but girls from other packs telling me soandso had thrown a flip flop or showing me their wobbly tooth (that girl came back and found me in the middle of the night to show me it had come out!). I did eventually give up and ask for others to deal with their girls when I started getting tearful ones from the floor below coming up to tell me they were homesick!

Friday night was not a good nights sleep, it was well after midnight when I fell asleep and as well as the tooth visit, I also woke up around 4.30 and never really got back to sleep. But I never sleep brilliantly when I'm away with them, you're always a little on alert! No-one's fault, but I was very tired on Saturday morning.

Here's a little taster of one of the Saturday activities...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com